Armajun Aboriginal Health Service is committed to providing the opportunity to our clients and community members to become aware of, explore, and plan to improve our programs and delivery strategies.
In May 2014, an Advisory Committee was established to provide information and advice about the views, concerns and health care needs of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community to the Armajun Aboriginal Health Service Board. The ACAC plays a critical role in identifying health care needs in the community and communicating those needs to management and to the Armajun Board of Management. Expressions of interest were called for two representatives from each community within the Armajun service area - Inverell, Tingha, Armidale, Glen Innes, Ashford and Tenterfield and the following people are the current members of the Armajun Advisory Committee:
- Tenterfield – Cheryl Duroux and Geraldine Duroux
- Tingha – Sue Blacklock & Ella Munro
- Glen Innes – Kerry Faiers & Sarah Molles
- Inverell – Ros Edmunds & Jeanette Baumann
- Armidale - Ken Froome
- Ashford - Liza Talbot and Helen Hilton
- Armajun Board – Hilda Duncan and Marilyn Isaacs.
An Advisory Committee for the communities of Guyra, Armidale, Uralla and Walcha is in the process of being established.